Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Princesses @ play





Okay since I am going to give this private thing a try I am going to go back to using the girls names. so much easier. :)

Julia's friend Rhe came over the other morning for a couple of hours before school. They had so much fun. Dev was not going to be left out, as soon as she was done eating she was looking for a dress to put on too, and since that day she has wanted to wear one every day. She is definitely getting to the fun stage, talking more, and wanting to do so much. She is still frustrated very easily, if she is trying to do something, anything, take a shoe on her own, put one on, color, you name it, if it doesn't go right the very first try she is screaming and often ready to toss it aside instantly. Sometimes I can just tell her to take a breath, try again and calm down, other times we have to move on to something else. She is also being difficult about naps lately, and I know she may be out growing them, and I would agree except that if she doesn't have one by 4:30 she is miserable and making the rest of us miserable too. Being sick last week didn't help anything I am sure. Thankfully she seems to be about over her cold. Speaking of Stitch she just climbed out of her crib... ugh I was so hoping to not have to switch her to the toddler bed til Daddy came back home, but I guess Grampa will have to help us convert the crib when he is here after Christmas. Naturally I just got Julia sleeping all night in her own bed and now I have to start on Devyn. Wish me luck. sigh.

Sorry, this post got a little off track, it was supposed to be about Julia and Rhe. They have really hit it off. We started carpooling a couple of weeks ago, so I take Julia and Rhe to school in the mornings and her mom picks them up and brings them home in the afternoon. It has worked out so nice! And the conversations on the way to school are a hoot. I learn more about them in that 20 minutes in the van then I do any other part of the day. Yesterday Julia asked Rhe on the way to school "do you want to be best friends?" Rhe thought about it for just a few seconds and came back with "yeah" "ok that's great then".... LOL. and listening the their version of "I spy" is hilarious too. They will usually say yes to the first thing the other one guesses, even though I am sure that is not what they initially were thinking of. They are just so sweet to each other and very careful about not hurting the others feelings, wonder how long that will last, hopefully a good long time.

No comments: