Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mid-Autumn Moon Festival





We have some new friends in our local Families with Chinese Children group that are trying to get more activities going for our kids. This week marked the Moon Festival or Mid-Autumn Festival you can read more about what those are here. So we got the kids together and had Moon Cakes, green tea ice cream, and they each got to make their own lantern that we then hung in a tree in the back yard. My girls had an absolute blast. The little girl pictured with J has been home with her forever family for about a year now. She and J are the same age and they really hit it off together. I love the pic of them on the couch because it totally looks like they are sharing secrets and I'm sure they were! Hopefully we be doing more activities with this group. Now that's it is cooling off a little I think the next one should be a day at a park :)

Please forgive me for my inconsistent blogging, we really have been right out straight. What with soccer, school, and me helping out with the Girl Scout Troop we have had A LOT going on. I may always be trying to play catch up, but we are always here and always up to something.

No comments: