The peace that a Barbie movie can bring. and the chaos that preceded it. LOL. As you may surmise we are stuck in a hotel tonight, again. We came here yesterday expecting to just stay for the night and be on the road again this morning. See we were supposed to meet my niece in Charlotte and she was going to ride the rest of the way to Maine with us, Julia's godmother had stayed with us last week and come as far as South Carolina with us. And then mother Nature stepped in. The storm first hit Charlotte and Ky couldn't get in and then of course it got to Boston and she couldn't get out. :( So... we sat in the hotel today waiting to see what few options might present themselves and to give the weather time to get cleared out a bit. No options, so from here on out we are on our own to Maine. Not that I am particularly bothered by this, the girls are good travelers and we actually do better on the road then we do cooped up waiting hotel rooms. haha. Oh and I should add here that we skipped the pool and other play areas today because Devyn has "hand foot and mouth"... diagnosed the day we left. Can we just say it's been a long day and right now I am ever so grateful that the hotel has a DVD player? If this works then I may be crashing on the hide a bed. At this point, I am beyond caring. If the girls gifts weren't all in Maine, it is very likely I would just turn around and go back home. But they are, so onward we shall go. And since there is nothing else I can be doing at the moment, I figured I could catch up the blog a bit.
Until the last few days, things have been going great. Julia has been driving me crazy to wear dresses everyday but as the weather has not really been conducive to that the compromise has been dresses with long sleeve shirts underneath and a pair of jeans. I thought she did all right making it work the other day. What do you think? :)


1 comment:
I hope you got there safe and sound... sorry your were so delayed by the weather. I guess it is to be expected when traveling north.:-) I so remember those days.
I also know the feeling of peace a dvd like Barbie can bring....ahhhh... I felt your peace just reading your post. LOL Merry Christmas
Diane
Post a Comment