Friday, October 9, 2009

The Pixie

Just a quick update on the Pixie, I know I mentioned she was trying to talk a lot more in my last post and that I was still having a hard time understanding her. She has made a huge break through this week and I have begun to understand so much more of what she is saying, and so much of it is full sentences!! She talked to her Uncle Robert on the phone this morning and while he may not have understood her, I sure did! And she wasn't happy when I took the phone back, she was insisting she had more to say. He told me I was creating a monster letting her talk on the phone at all. I asked him how he expected her to know what her family sounded like if she didn't talk to them on the phone???? Goof ball.

It is amazing she can go from the most frustrating child, oh she knows how to push buttons, to the absolute sweetest and cutest thing on the planet in the blink of an eye. I am not a morning person, not at all, but my favorite part of the day has become going into her room in the morning to get her up. No matter what time it is, whether you wake her or she wakes on her own in the morning, she wakes up smiling, her hair sticking out in who knows what direction as it's different every morning, and just ready to see what life has in store for the day, and she makes me smile. It is absolutely the best time of day for both of us.

She is missing her Daddy, just like the rest of us. She gets so excited to see him on the computer and grins and waves to him, touches his face, tells him Hi and that she loves him. Every time she hears a lawn mower she is convinced it is him outside, it is so sweet but so sad. I pray she really still knows him when he gets back home.

She wants so badly to stay at school with her big sister. She tries every morning to blend into the class. I hope that next year I can get her into her own class. I think she will love it.

No comments: