Saturday, October 3, 2009

Poor Princess

First the broken left foot, which seems to be healing nicely by the way, she is barely limping on it at all anymore. Good thing because now she has a bug bite on her right foot, and as she is allergic her poor foot is more swollen than the left one was when she broke it! My poor baby is having an awful time with her feet this week:( Other than that she is doing great, drawing pictures all the time to get in the mail for Daddy and seems to be falling asleep easily in her own bed these days, she still wakes up in mine (and I frankly have no idea when it is she is coming in but it must be close to morning as I am half of the night anyway). She can be very sneaky. I caught her one night about 2 am right after I had turned out the light, she thought I was asleep, and got to the corner of the bed and I said "what do you think you are doing?" she jumped a bit froze and said "shh..I am trying to sneak!" Now just what am I supposed to do with that? LOL She has been coming out with things like that all the time. I asked her a couple of weeks ago just what I was going to do with her, and she came right back full of attitude and said "you not going to do anything with me" Heaven help us. LOL

The Pixie is doing really well lately too. Still has to voice a verbal protest when you change direction on her or tell her no. But they don't usually last as long as they used to and I think for the most part she does it out of habit more than anything lately. She does still tend to frustrate easily, but I just tell her to calm down and work it out and she either does or she is learning to take a break from it and then go back and try again. Small steps but she is getting there. And verbally she is coming out with new things every day lately and while I still don't always understand the fact that she is even trying is a HUGE step and always encouraged!!
She has also started pulling out the dress up clothes more often, I will have to start getting more pictures, she is all about the swishy skirts, just like her big sissy. In that one respect they are alike, in all else... oh so different. :)

Did you know we have less than 90 days to Christmas?? I really hadn't thought about it until we stayed at the Christmas Inn last week... now I am a little freaked! I have not bought a single thing yet and still am so undecided on just what it is I am going to buy. I have got to get moving and put some things away! So many ideas, so little room in the play room! Guess I have to start there with cleaning some more things out! Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

No comments: