Sunday, April 4, 2010

Egg hunt, soccer and a really bad day....









Day started off early we wanted to get to the Y early for an egg hunt before the soccer game yesterday. Started off okay, every body up, dressed and ready to go on time, early even, the girls had fun at the egg hunt and then we stuck around for the soccer game. We had snack this week and even remembered it. Then we went to leave.....one of the other mom's stopped me getting into the van and said "you have a flat tire" words I have been dreading for over 6 months, because of course I would have one when it's just me to deal with it. Thank God though that we were at the Y, lots of Dads and Grampas around to help.. once we found the spare (harder than it sounds! haha!) the mom and Grampa followed us to Walmart to make sure we got there on time. They had ONE tire in stock in the right size to replace it. So I took the girls to McDonald's in Walmart for lunch, picked up a few things and by then the van was ready. But wow, can't even tell you how much that all took out of me. Coloring eggs for the first time felt like work with my kids than fun, and that is something I always especially enjoy. Really with only a few weeks left on this deployment for the first time I was not only having a down day, I was having a seriously bad day and damn it just wanted my hubby home. That's not to say I don't want him home every day, but most days I think I cope pretty well with missing him, it's just part of life, then there are those days like yesterday where it just doesn't seem enough and I get angry at the whole situation.

Today is better and he will be home soon, holding on to that for all it's worth.

Oh and those adorable Easter Bunny pics?? Looking at them last night, Julia says "Mom, you know that's not really the Easter Bunny right? It's just someone dressed up in a costume" HUH? She is 4! Shouldn't I have at least one more year before that starts?! She is growing up entirely too fast for me!

No comments: