Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of First Grade





I can hardly believe this girl is a first grader already. She amazes me at every turn. She was a little bit disappointed to find out that her two best friends ended up in the same class this year. Next door to her but together without her. She doesn't think they'll end up being good friends too. lol. But when she found out she was on her own, her words "I'll make new friends" :) Did I mention she amazes me?? I love, love, love her attitude. She is so ready for first grade. Her teacher gave us spelling words for the whole year at orientation the other day. I tested her last night on the first week. She got every one of her basic right, only missed "let's" on her extended (and that was more in the way she was hearing it and then anything) and only has to work on her robust vocabulary. Those were hard. They included "bothered, perform, form, distance, and attention" pretty big words for 6 years old. So we'll be working on those. Homework doesn't start for about 3 weeks so we'll have some time to get those down.

I am so very proud of my girl. She's excited to learn. She's excited to make new friends. And she was already hugging her teacher at orientation. That's a big step for her! I think she's off to a great start and hope that remains the case all year!


No comments: