Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like.....










Just a few quick blips to share with you. It's been a rough month or so. Julia is on her second round of antibiotics for Strep, she had it first around Halloween and again now. In the between time she had a possible UTI, tests came back negative but symptoms were all there and went away after treatment so...??, and last week was a random rash. Oh and before all that an outbreak of lice at school that she naturally got! I am getting to know her drs far too well. We are so ready for Christmas break!!! One more busy week to get through and then Grammie and Grampa will be here from Maine:) We are excited about them joining us for Christmas!

Devyn has been healthy and seems to be settling into the school thing. It's funny, I took her to J's school one morning to drop off something and it was quicker to sign in and take it directly to J so that's what we did. It was D's first time seeing the classroom while class was going on. After we left and were on our way to her school, she says "I didn't think it would be so quiet" I was like "what?" She said "Julia's class, I didn't know they had to be so quiet" (they were doing packet tests) so I said "well yeah honey they were doing their work so it was quiet time". pause "I don't think I like first grade" OOOPS! I did tell her they have lots of fun too but that yes when it's quiet time, they are expected to actually BE quiet. This is something that D already understands is super hard for her, so she'd rather not do it. I think I'm in trouble. LOL That said her preK teacher has said she has made really big strides this year and feels she is going to be just fine in K. Whew! :)

The pics are from our annual card photo shoot this week. Hope you enjoy, the girls and I had fun, getting the dog in there was a ton of work! Hyper little thing that she is! LOL

Lastly I'm going to start sharing some of my Facebook status's with you. I just don't always have the time to blog anymore, but I will make an effort to do at least a post a month, to update. In the between times I will do my best to remember to copy and paste some of status updates that concern the girls and the funny little every day things that come out of their mouths. So if you see just random little posts, that's what they are, and my way of keeping you a bit more up to date, and having a place where I know I can always look back and find those funny little things. :) I'll start with last nights:

the hubby tells me that he was talking to the girls about a package for them today, D throws herself on the floor and very dramatically says "Oh my God!", he says "quit trying to get attention and get back in the playroom", J rolls her eyes and says "at school we just say OMG" I still can't stop laughing.

No comments: