









She said something the other day that just broke my heart. We were putting her glasses on and she asked if the Pixie was going to go see the eye doctor soon. I said, no, not soon but she will have to have her eyes checked at some point. She said "and then she will get new glasses?" I said " I don't know, she may be like Daddy and not need glasses like you and Mama do. You are just like Mama and need the glasses" she said "I'm just like Mama?" I said "yep, in that way" she paused as she thought about this and then said "well...but I don't think I'm very pretty"......WHAT"!?!?!?! So we had a very long talk about just how beautiful she is, which she must here at least 10 times a day from her Daddy and I. But since the pixie has come home, she is noticing more and more what is the same and what is different about herself. For instance she noticed that the Pixie's hair is closer to my color and that hers is dark like Daddy's. And that my eyes are blue where hers are dark brown. She has also been asking a lot about China and how we first met, wanting to go through her first year scrap book often. Already I see her struggling to fill in the blanks in her young life, and I have so few answers for her. I pray that for now at least they are enough. I try to be as honest as I can be, but as any adoptive parent knows, it is not an easy subject. though we have never shied away from it, I want to know what she is thinking, what it is that maybe I can help her understand better or be able to just hold her when there is no understanding. All of this she has been struggling with since becoming a big sister and having "adoption" really brought to the forefront of her mind as she waited and watched her little sister come home. She knows that the pixie had a foster family and I think she is struggling to figure out just who took care of her before we could get to her. It's quite a bit for her young mind to grapple with and I have to admit it's sooner than I thought she would. But she is so smart that maybe I shouldn't be surprised. So just as she is coming to terms with some of this, Daddy had to leave for awhile. She is Daddy's girl from the time he walks through the door after work til she goes to bed. So this is a very trying time for her, please if you are inclined to prayer, now they would be appreciated.
So there you have it, the end of our photo shoot. She gave us many more pictures than I was anticipating so now the hard part comes in deciding which to print and for who, if you are family, please, please be sure to tell me if you have specific ones you prefer! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment