Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First Soccer practice

I did get video but of course I don't have the cable for the camcorder to put them on the pc at the moment..I think that needs to go on the list of things lost on trips and needs to be replaced. Though to be fair it has been missing much longer, like one of our trips last year longer, so I am not entirely responsible for that one! ;) Though I should have given it up for lost and replaced it a long time ago. Soccer practice was okay. A bit unorganized, but as it is the first time coaching for both of our coaches I'll give them that one. I have to say while it is great that the three year olds get to play too, it also a big difference from age 3 to 4 and it seems like most of our team is 3. As it is Julia's first time playing soccer at all that may not be a bad thing, but about half the parents spent the majority of the practice just trying to get their kids on the field. I spent the first part trying to get Julia to actually run with the ball, she was content to stand in front of the goal and practice kicking the ball in. LOL. But when Coach Josh did start giving directions she was good at listening and trying to do what he asked of them. First game isn't until the 27th but oh my should that be interesting. I also got the feeling that the majority of parents and coaches on our team already knew each other. I am not entirely happy with that as we had asked to be on Rhe's team and that didn't get considered at all, I know it didn't get considered because the coaches never got the request slips from the Athletic Director before picking teams. Which meant that our team already had change practice from Tuesday to Wednesday because of us. So yeah that's a bit frustrating but we are trying to make the most of it. It's only 6 weeks and at the end, Daddy will be home, so it's all good. I have to thank my very sports oriented In-laws here for a moment. Thanks to them Julia was the only one who had her shin guards on properly! I was sure they went under the socks but when every one else showed up with them over them, I got a little nervous and was second guessing myself. I came home and looked it up just to be sure. LOL! But I may not have known that with the influence of my Ohio family! ;) I do wish Daddy was here to help with this particular activity though. I know he would have her playing like a pro in no time but maybe it's best he's not as he may have a hard time not taking over coaching duties!

So anyway, those are my first impressions of our first soccer practice...definitely so-so at the moment, but with hope for improvement. :)

Pictures and videos will be along over the next couple of weeks.


1 comment:

M and M Girls said...

Can't wait to see pictures of soccer. :-)