Bradon and Julia are so much alike even after all this time. He saw her swimming without a float (she was practicing and doing some swimming underwater. She can barely keep her head up to swim above water but relaxes and go several strokes underwater, I don't get it. lol). Well he wasn't about to be outdone so he started practicing too and the next day he was good enough to go down the slide and off the diving board!! She is the same way, last year she couldn't swim at all but spent one day with her friends that could swim a bit underwater and came home doing the same thing. When she finds out that her friend can go off the slide up here too I know that determination is going to kick in for her too. I could already see the wheels turning when she saw the video of Bradon going down the slide. It was like "well if HE can then so can I". So much alike! They both get very focused on what they want and work for it. I hope that it serves them well when they are older and that we can keep them from putting too much pressure on themselves to succeed. What a balance beam to walk.
Anyway we are all ready to go back down and spend more time with them first chance we get!! One afternoon and evening was just not enough. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment