Monday, June 6, 2011

Universal Studios Orlando















We decided to turn our little trip to the concert into a mini vacation. Since I am such a Harry Potter fan and we have always done Disney on every trip to Orlando we decided to switch it up a little and spend the afternoon at Universal's Islands of Adventure. Mostly we spent the day in Dr. Suess land with a trip into Hogsmeade to check it out, shop and for Julia and I to ride the Flight of the Hippogriff. It may be a small roller coaster but let's just say that once was enough for both of us. Whew what a minute and a half that was!! It went much faster than I thought it would, I think both of us were screaming so much that we didn't hear the other one. At least I don't remember hearing her and she asked me why I wasn't. I so was! LOL. It was fun and I'm glad we were both brave enough to go but I'm also really glad she was ready to go back to the smaller rides. haha.

All in all it was a really good afternoon. Both girls were super good at the park and handled all the walking and the heat pretty well. We went through a lot of water. But it wasn't as bad as I had been afraid of as far as the heat went. Maybe because J soaked me on the One Fish Two Fish ride. I let her operate the functions for the up and down part and she couldn't have timed them any better for getting wet! I think Daddy got off easier with Dev on that one!! But it was really hot so it did feel pretty good and we dried fairly fast.

So that's it. That was our weekend, Sunday we drove home, today Julia is back at school having a PJ and book day (she took One Fish Two Fish as her favorite book, and she read it to me last night. All 63 pages of it!!). Tomorrow she has Puzzle day, and Wednesday is Game day. Thursday will be a 1/2 day and that's it! Out for Summer!! AMEN! We are ready for Summer, for 1st grade I'm not so sure yet. Academically she is more than ready, I'm just not so sure I am. lol.

Devyn and I are just chilling today as we recover from our crazy weekend. Tomorrow she has water day that I got roped into staying to help with. So I'll be sure to have my camera for that one. This time I am taking the GOOD one! LOL I'm not sure what her last two days will hold yet but I am sure they will be fun. :)

For the next couple of weeks look for us at the Y. It is my plan to do some hanging out there and the girls will have swimming lessons. Ah summer. If only it meant slowing down. Maybe I can convince the girls to at sleep past 7 AM. haha



No comments: