Broken bone that is. The princess fell while climbing on a little tikes slide set at the neighbor's house this afternoon and broke her right arm. Her forearm just before the elbow. I knew as soon as I got to her it was broken, came inside got Daddy, we called Peds and they took her right in for a quick look trying to get us in to x-ray right next door before they closed. Nope, no luck there. Had to come back and get me, her bunny "Flavor" and a juice cup and head to the ER the next town over. Got right into x-ray there and sure enough it's fractured. Pretty good one too according to the nurse practioner. So about 3 hours later, it is splinted for tonight, she has been given Tylenol 3. She should be passed out but here she sits next to me with a movie on, not the least bit tired. Honestly does the child have to be THAT much like me that even Codeine has no affect on her sleep??! Apparently so. Doesn't do anything for me either.. I hope she can relax enough for sleep soon, we are having an awful time convincing her that she just can't move it and can't put her weight on that arm. I don't expect to get much sleep tonight.
Through all of it, she cried when she first did it until I had her in the house and that was it. No more tears. She is one resilient kid. I know it is hurting her, because she does tell me that and she is annoyed by the splint... just wait til we see ortho and they talk about casting it.. but other than that she is very calm in her reactions. She is just not a big crier, never has been.
I have some pictures of before and after on my cell phone, I am going to try to figure out how to load those up. But it may not be until tomorrow. What a night. The neighbor kept the pixie for us through all of that and she was not thrilled about coming home to a dip and dunk (quick bath) and bed. But thankfully was tired enough that she did lay right down. Now if only the princess would or could get comfortable.
Well Hello There!
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment