The girls however have NOT had a rough weekend, as you can tell from the pictures Spring has finally hit Northwest Florida! Can I get an AMEN??! I bet I could from Julia, she has been looking forlornly at all her sundresses for months now impatiently waiting for it to get warm enough to wear them again. This weekend I am loving my back yard even more than I thought possible and the new French doors we had installed last fall even more! The sliding glass doors were just too heavy for the girls to easily go in and out, though that might have been a good thing sometimes. Now they just slip in and out, mostly out, and just do their own thing. I put fresh sand in the sand box yesterday and I think they were pretending they were at the beach. Though Julia just came in and told me that Dev was trying to eat the sand...we've had a talk. I swear that child will try to eat ANYTHING sometimes. LOL With these doors I can open the blinds up completely have a great view of the play area and I can open the window to hear all the good conversations when I just can't join them out there.
Why was my weekend rough and the girls wasn't you may wonder. Well I stupidly had another fall at Julia's school the other day during her Hop-a-thon. There was a homemade planter box that the wood had obviously rotted. My friends and I were standing in front of it watching the kids hop and the darn thing just fell apart. None of us were leaning on it, but I guess I was close enough that I felt and heard it start to pull apart. I stupidly grabbed for the corner closest to me to, I don't know, try to hold it together or something and I lost my balance, which obviously isn't great these days, and went down with it. Honestly it was surreal like it was in slow motion or something. My only thought? I can't believe this is happening AGAIN! Though I am very glad it happened to me, who is oh so used to these things now, than to one of my kids. That thing was going to fall apart, period. If it had hurt any of her kids at the school, well think very irate parents because as I said it was going to fall apart, it was no where near safe to be there with a bunch of 4 year old children running around. Me, I can laugh off, because of course it would happen to me. But my kids....whole nother story. LOL.
So I am again recovering but doing better today, it could have been much worse than it was, trust me I'm an expert. So this is nothing I can't handle. Though last night I was wondering if I could. I can. I will.
I just pray the good weather continues! The girls love it, I love it. The sun feels so blessedly warm. I actually just had to call the girls in for a break and get some sunblock on them. I swear sometimes the turn of the seasons here is so sudden, one day it is still windy, damp and down right cold and then suddenly it is 70 + sundresses and sunscreen here we come! A little hard to mentally make the switch but you can bet I am NOT complaining!! It had begun to feel like winter would never end this year, now I have hope that spring truly is on the way. Let's hope it's not just a tease. ;)
The girls are so funny to watch outside. Dev comes down that slide lickety-split and literally hits the ground running, laughing wildly as she makes the turn and circles running back for the ladder to do it again. She is such a trip. God I love my little Stitch. If there is one thing that she has truly blessed this house with it is energy and laughter, just pray I can keep up.


No comments:
Post a Comment