Friday, March 12, 2010

Hop-a-thon

Julia's class, yes just the 5 of them;)


This is what Devyn and Conner did while the big kids hopped.
I couldn't resist.








The kids at Julia's school participated in a Hop-a-thon today to benefit MDS. They have spent the last week learning about people that are different and may have to do things differently then they do or can't do some things at all. And so today for 2 minutes each they hopped as many hops as they could for all the kids that can't. And they had a blast. Can you believe all these 4 and 5 year olds patiently sat in this circle while they each took a turn?? And really 2 minutes is longer than you think until you are timing it. But they all did great. We stayed for lunch with them and then they got to have an early release. We had combined with her morning class so we had gone in an hour early, did the hop-a-thon, then lunch, then let them run out some energy on the playground and their teacher decided to just call it a day from there. Probably a good idea, I think even these 5 would have had a hard time settling in for class after all that. And it is such a gorgeous day that the girls came home, put on sundresses and have been in and out ever since.

Can you tell I have my camera up and running again??? LOL! I was definitely going through withdrawal but at the same time it was kind of nice to have a break. But I think I'll pop the memory card back in and go steal a few more shots before they come in for the night. ;)


1 comment:

M and M Girls said...

great event. good hopping