Wednesday, July 1, 2009

**Busy,busy**

They made it!!
The pixie, Karen, the princess, and Kasey
The pixie get cozy with Karen, a common sight.
Not so common, but I promise just before Debra got the camera, she was sitting just as cute as ever with him. lol
Aren't they cute???
Such silly fun
Playing at Chick-fil-A
Again with the silliness, but such a cute silly.
Beach kisses for Daddy, this was her trying to get him to take her back in the water.
Checking it out
I won't let go if you won't.
Getting brave and going out to play in the waves with Daddy.
Yes, I think we have cured her of her hesitation, we now have 2 beach babies. :)
Loving the sand
The whole gang, most of us wet just out of the water.


As you can plainly see, we have company. And we are having a blast having them here. Believe it or not, I keep forgetting my camera when we head out the door, good thing Debra doesn't! You'll have to thank her for the above pictures, left to me, we wouldn't have any. I have been fighting a losing battle with a summer cold and I am going to give that complete blame for my lack of posts this week. And it really was a blog worthy week.

We celebrated 3 years of having the Princess in our arms on June 27. A little hard to believe that just 3 years ago we were in China getting ready for our trip home. I tried off and on that whole day to do a post but just couldn't seem to wrap my mind around the words I wanted or the pictures I wanted to use. And we have been having serious Internet and cable issues so just when I would start, we would lose the signal again. So between that and being at a loss for words to express the emotions I just couldn't seem to get it done. But I promise you we did celebrate, and thought of our travel group, exchanged pictures with them, found some on Facebook, got some started on Facebook, talked about China and told the Princess what it was like holding her for the very first time. It was a good day. :)

And then our friends from SC arrived on Monday!!! Oh and we met the Princess's teacher and toured her prek classroom on Monday afternoon. I feel very confident that we have chosen the right place for her, loved the set up that she has, and the Princess is very excited to start school now. We came home to find our friends had arrived and spent the evening catching up and watching the kids get to know each other again, and well actually meeting the Pixie for the first time.

Tuesday we laid low and then went out to eat at the Olive Garden and watched my youngest flirt with the waiter something awful. She is such a ham but I am happy to report was on much better behaviour than the last time her Daddy and I tried to take her out to dinner. Maybe the trick is having a nice looking waiter. LOL

Today, goal number one has been to wear these kids out. We took them to Chick-fil-A for lunch and let them play on the playground there, came home crashed for naps for a couple of hours, got up and hit the beach. It was perfect, not too hot and they all had a blast as I'm sure you can see from the pictures. Then we loaded back up, came home got everyone cleaned up, fed and by then it was nearly bedtime. Tomorrow I'm not sure what we have on the agenda, but some time over the next few days, we are going to see Fireworks, a glass-bottom boat ride, and an aquarium. I promise, I will remember the camera! On Saturday we are having a cookout and our friends from TX will be here, can't wait for the Princess to see B again!! So like I said, busy, busy, busy. I'll post more pictures when I can and as long as the Internet is cooperating!!

1 comment:

M and M Girls said...

Amazing it has been 3 years. Little M will be 3 years on July 10. Big M is 7 years... she was just itty bitty when she came home.

Time goes so fast.

Looks like you are all having so much fun. Love the beach photos.
diane