Friday, July 3, 2009

Hanging out and The Aqu@rium

Taking turns with the Leapster.

such focus!
What was that??
Yep, this is how the Pixie and the Princess like to hang out.
OOH...Mama would never let me have this!
Enjoying it while I can, that's not water!
At the Aquarium, well the Gulfarium..
Ummm, nope not gonna pose here.


Kasey getting up close

You want me to look where???



Yesterday, Ms.Debra hung out with the kids at home while Daddy and I went to enroll the Princess in her Pre-K and do a few errands. Let me tell you it was so strange not toting two little girls around with us! But a nice break, we were able to pick out some things for the house, get the paperwork done for the Princess to start school and even go to the store before heading home to cook dinner. Thank you Ms. Debra!!!

As you can see the girls were showing her how they like to dress, yes they were in those dresses for about half the day. Sadly though, it all has been a bit much for the Princess and she had what can only be described as a Meltdown that started last night and went on through this morning:( So today Mama made the tough decision to stay home alone with her and sent everyone else off to the Aquarium. Not an easy thing but the right thing. She cried her little heart out for a few minutes but then seemed to accept that they really weren't waiting any longer for us, pulled herself together and asked for lunch and then a nap. She was an angel the rest of the afternoon and this evening. I don't know but I think it was just the stress of company, trying to be good and being completely over tired. So a tough decision and not easy to say to her "No, they are going, WE are not" but definitely what she needed. Hopefully that will be the only thing she misses out on these next few weeks.

You can see the others had a good time checking out the dolphins, and sea life at the Gulfarium, though Ms. Debra thought it was a bit pricey. Not to mention HOT so I'm sure that didn't help. She tells me the Pixie was very good so I am glad they had a good time at least. By the time they came home, the Princess and I had taken advantage of the quiet and cleaned up the house to get ready for tomorrow's cookout.

We are so excited that Ms. Melissa is coming and bringing the boys, we have set up a pool and I think we are setting up the bounce house in the back yard as well so tomorrow should be full of lots of photo ops! Happy 4th everyone!!!

No comments: