












My Princess, my Angel girl, turned 4 today. I'm pretty sure she had a good day too. We went to a "work" picnic with Daddy's shop this afternoon and the girls had a good time playing at the park and in the water, a much smaller splash pad, but hey when it's this hot and humid, us parents were wishing we could get away with splashing around too, so any amount of cool water the kiddos were happy with. Then we picked up her "Barbie the Diamond Castle" cake (as requested since May!) on our way home, got home took naps, and got up to dinner, cake and ice cream and presents! She is quite proud of turning 4. She has been asking all day, Mama how old am I? and we'll say "you tell us" and she will hold up her fingers and count to 4. She even told a few people at the picnic that she was 4 and was having cake when we got home! LOL.
She just seems older somehow today, I can't explain it but she seemed to carry herself differently and with a bit more confidence. Oh she's still shy, that's not likely to change that easily, but I guess less timid. She was loving telling the other kids on the playground that she was 4 and that her little sister was 2 and taking said little sister all over the playground and showing her how to climb and slide. As you can see in the one photo, the pixie was not so sure about sliding without her big sister there to help her. So while she is braver around people and in the water, she really follows big sister when it comes to things like playgrounds. In deed she follows big sister quite a bit and this may have helped with that confidence thing for the Princess.
I've watched them closely today, and truly they are beginning to be sisters in more than just name. It's quite an amazing process to watch and be part of. It's been such a blessing to be able to watch the Princess these last 3 years blossom and grow, to spend each day with her. I can't help but think of her birth mother today and wonder about her. I could never ever thank her enough for giving life to this precious girl. I don't know what life has in store for her but I know whatever it is she can and will handle it. I love her more than words could ever say and pray that 4 is a year full of wonder for her.
So sorry the pictures are in no particular order, it's about 12:30 am and has been a busy day, frankly I'm surprised I'm able to post at all.


3 comments:
that is some fancy birthday cake!! Fit for a true 4 year old princess!! She looks like she had a grand time. I am so very glad. Hugs Diane
Happy Birthday! What a beautiful Day! And the cake... wow! It is so great seeing her grow!
Gorgeous shots, as usual! I am so glad that the princess had such a special day.
Post a Comment